Monday, June 8, 2009

This weekend was one that I knew would someday come, but still one that I was unprepared for. My grandma Annie Jarvis Osborn passed away on May 30th and I flew to Arizona for her funeral. She was 92 years old.

I have thought a lot lately about her life and about the lives of several others of my ancestors. There seems to be a common thread...they are all tough cookies. Jared and I paid her a visit a few years back. We arrived at her house at dusk and could see someone outside digging trenches around the sprinklers. I could not believe it when I realized it was Grandma Osborn! We were in shock to see her working so hard at her age! After the shock, admiration. After that, a deep desire to emulate. I so badly want to be strong and enduring like her, hard working and capable. I want to be a tough cookie too.

2 comments:

Jared said...

Well...I think you are one tough cookie. Anyone that still wants to live out in the country after one of the worst allergy attacks I've ever seen seriously kicks trash!

Kathy D said...

Stacey,

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. It's good you were able to see her before she passed away and have good memories to remember by.

We love you guys,

Kathy Dalton

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...