Monday, May 31, 2010

Until We Meet Again

This Memorial Day, I want to offer my gratitude for all those who serve and to those who have given their lives in behalf of our country.  Its the kind of gratitude that mere words diminish, as it is felt in the deepest and most sincere way.  The happiness and peace and safety of my family is in part due to your sacrifice.  I hope my heart is heard when I say thank you thank you thank you.


Also on this day, I honor the inherited legacy of two of my father's uncles.  Their gold stars hung in their family home many years ago, but I see them in my mind's eye today.  I hope that in my own way, I can show respect for what they did for our country.  I will be the best mother I can be.  I will be active and honorable in my community.  I will love and serve where I can and thank God that I live in a country where I can worship as my conscience directs, and that my neighbors are free to do the same.

To those who have lost, here is a little picture of the hope I am certain of:



Happy Memorial Day!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...