Monday, February 28, 2011

The mood of a country via music

Just how do you take the pulse of a country?  Obviously, you analyze the music it is listening to!  I heard about this story and it intrigued me so here it is...

Considering the unrest and political happenings in the world right now, a website that is presumably a branch of last.fm has compiled a list of several  country's top downloads and it is very interesting that you can get a bit of a sense of the feel of that country via a song, its feel, and the key it is in.  

For example:  just how is Bahrain feeling at the moment?  What would you guess?  I was thinking maybe Rage Against the Machine or maybe something Wagner-esque.  Actually, its a band called "Fate's Warning."  Check it out here:
Give a little listen if you want.  Its what I call "death metal."  Sounds like fighting music to me!!

1 comment:

Myra said...

Death metal... A.K.A. Hell's Metal... Yuck!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...